Have We Got a Career for You.
John Marshall Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Current Job Openings
Credit Analyst - Reston Headquarters
Commercial lending at John Marshall Bank is one of the most important aspects of our business. Our Credit Analysts play a critical role in our underwriting and loan approval processes, and work very closely with our lenders and our senior management team.
• Comprehensive underwriting to include gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers.
• Analyze financial data from corporate tax returns, company-prepared financial statements and supporting reports, CPA-prepared financial statements, personal financial statements and tax returns, credit reports and other data points.
• Prepare thorough written analysis of the current, historical and projected financial conditions and earnings performances of the borrower(s).
• Create cash flow statements, projections, and sensitivity analyses in order to evaluate the debt servicing capacity of borrowers.
• Prepare collateral analyses to be used for real estate loans, government contractor financing, and other financings such as those for accounts receivable, equipment, inventory, and intangibles.
• Research and consolidate available market and industry data used in consideration of various lending opportunities.
• Communicate effectively with bank loan officers and other bank personnel, customers and prospects.
• Make recommendations to the loan officer regarding the credit decision.
• Actively participate in the loan approval process, to include being directly involved with presentations as they are made to our loan committees.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in credit analysis, underwriting and/or a formal credit training program.
• Ability to work a 40 hour week and to have independent transportation to our headquarters location (1943 Isaac Newton Square East, Reston, VA).
• Fundamental knowledge of commercial real estate, commercial & industrial, general business and real estate construction loans.
• Sound credit and analytical skills, to include a fundamental understanding of balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
• Computer literacy: proficiency with Word and Excel, with the ability to learn internal bank systems and additional software applications.
• A strong combination of interpersonal communication skills, analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to make recommendations and offer solutions.
• Self-motivation, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment, and driven to meet deadlines.
Complete our job application and our affirmative action (optional) forms and email it with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Credit Analyst” in the subject line. Equal Opportunity Employer.