Have We Got a Career for You.
John Marshall Bank is a fast growing community bank located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and headquartered in Virginia. We are always on the lookout for qualified candidates to join our staff! We offer excellent benefits, a supportive team, and opportunity for professional growth. If you are interested in exploring possible career opportunities, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Marshall Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Commercial Lender – Reston
Commercial Lending at John Marshall Bank is one of the most important aspects of our institution’s growth. Our Commercial Lenders play a critical role in our ability to prudently increase the loan and deposit portfolios at the Bank and to manage customer relationships.
Secure new loan and deposit customers to build and manage a high quality portfolio.
• Proactively solicit and obtain new loan business, through business development sales calls outside of the Bank. Deposit relationships and use of other non-credit services are expected to accompany new lending relationships.
• Respond to inquiries about loan opportunities, accept C&I, residential and commercial real estate loan applications, obtain required documentation, and qualify loan opportunities based upon the Bank’s established credit approval guidelines. Analyze financial data (including corporate tax returns, company-prepared financial statements and supporting reports, CPA-prepared financial statements, personal financial statements and tax returns, credit reports and other data points) for approval within credit policy guidelines.
• Work independently, as well as within the resources and structure of our Credit Underwriting Department, to prepare loan presentations for consideration at all appropriate levels of approval.
• Monitor, service, and maintain existing lending and other client relationships, whether from new business development efforts or as assigned by Bank.
• Participate in required training.
• Active involvement with community and business organizations in the local market area outside of regular banking hours, for a minimum of 8 hours per month.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or other business major.
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a commercial lending and/or credit underwriting environment, to include some structured training on the fundamentals of credit analysis.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience originating loans and managing customer relationships.
• Reliable access to a vehicle for meeting with customers and prospects in the field and various other banking purposes such as collateral inspections.
• Flexibility to attend early morning and/or after hours meetings and events from time to time as needed for business development and/or client relationship management purposes.
• Ability to be self-motivated, work under minimal supervision, adhere to Bank policies, strive to meet or exceed client expectations, and work within a team environment.
• Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Commercial Lender – Reston” in the subject line.