Here’s our school of thought on banking:
Expertise. Excellence. Experience.
Private Schools and Charter Schools are constantly enriching the community through their high-quality education. That’s why we see a partnership as your bank is an investment for our next generation of leaders.
And it’s also why we’re committed to solving the financial challenges that come with running a school. From lending solutions, seasonal cash flow needs to tax-exempt financing, our expert bankers understand the nuances that are unique to educational institutions.
“As an independent school (Preschool to Grade 8) in Northern Virginia, we have a number of moving parts when it comes to our banking and finances. John Marshall Bank has been a wonderful partner, supporting us in a number of ways including refinancing two existing loans and consolidating our deposit relationships with two former banks into one account. Thanks to their business acumen, we are earning more interest on our deposits and have a much greater degree of control over our costs. JMB also equipped us with a significant working capital line of credit to cover short term cash flow requirements. Their banking team has exceeded our expectations, providing a consultative approach to our strategic growth initiatives. Needless to say, we are looking forward to building upon our solid financial partnership with John Marshall Bank.”
— Jennifer Bohnen, Head of School, Green Hedges School
Private & Charter School Financing with JMB
Our team of private and charter school banking experts is committed to building a partnership with you to achieve your financial goals and drive your mission forward.
We’re equipped with the tools and financial technology to optimize your banking experience and increase your operational efficiency.
Our bankers are readily available to make prompt and responsive decisions. We understand the local economy, allowing us to provide you with strategic insight and counsel for your organization.
Security & Fraud Prevention
Your financial data and assets are a top priority at John Marshall Bank. That’s why we’ve invested in advanced security measures to prevent fraud and protect your assets.
Private Schools & Charter School Banking Package
With our private & charter school financing package, you’ll have access to our innovative technology and suite of affordable services and products.
Finally, a checking account that looks out for your contributions to the community.
Our Nonprofit Interest Checking Account includes:
- First 1,000 items FREE monthly
- FREE initial order of checks and deposit tickets
- FREE e-Statements with check imaging for 24 months of history
- FREE Business Debit Card with SecurLOCK Equip fraud prevention
- FREE Online Banking with Bill Pay
- FREE Mobile Banking & Mobile Check Deposit
- FREE Direct Connect with QuickBooks®
A relationship with JMB comes full of rewards and fee-free products. Enjoy two of the following – on us. Your monthly maintenance fee will be waived as a gesture of our appreciation for all you do.
- Remote Deposit Service
- ACH and Same Day ACH Origination
- Online Wire Transfer
- Fraud Prevention with Positive Pay for Checks and ACH for fraud prevention
It’s important to be prepared for the unexpected. That’s why having insurance is imperative to your business’ success.
Comprehensive and Competitively Priced Insurance Products
- Protect your accounts by adding fraud-related riders to your insurance policy, including riders that cover cybercrime and fraudulent bank transfers
- Free insurance cost analysis with Bankers Insurance
Explore Merchant Services Payment Processing Options
- Free review of services and pricing with the Bank’s school services partner
- Access to all major card networks
Expand your private or charter school through JMB’s real estate lending options. Our competitive lending solutions can help you purchase new property or renovate existing locations.
Owner Occupied Real Estate Loans — Up to 85% Financing*
- New construction and build outs
- Purchase of an existing building
- Refinance of an existing real estate loan
- Reduced pricing for owner occupied, classified as tax-exempt
Manage Daily Operations with Working Capital Financing
- Funding working capital and payroll expenses
- Revolving lines of credit to buffer when tuition is received and expenses are paid
- Discounts offered for schools needing bulk purchases
Realize the Value of Competitive Term Loans. Amortized Term Loans — Up to 100% Financing*
- Accommodate interest-only periods and customized amortization schedules
- Purchase/replace equipment
*Loans subject to full underwriting and approval by the Bank