How do I switch my account to John Marshall Bank?
It’s easy! Just follow these five steps:
1. Write down the routing number 056009356 and your new business checking account number. You will need this information to change your automatic payments and direct deposits from your old account to your new John Marshall Bank Account.
2. Stop using your old checking account. Keep the account open until all outstanding checks have cleared and your automatic payments and direct deposits have been switched over to your new John Marshall Bank Account.
3. Switch your direct deposits. This requires a written notification to the company or organization that makes the direct deposit to your account. Some companies require you to use their authorized company form, so you may want to contact them first to determine the procedure. Be sure to attach a voided check from your new John Marshall Bank Checking Account.
4. Switch your automatic payments. These are payments such as dues, utility bills and vendor payments that are automatically debited from your account. Contact each of these companies to notify them of your new banking relationship. Have your new checking account number and routing transit number handy when you make the call.
5. Close your old account. Once all your checks have cleared and your automatic payments and direct deposits have been switched, close your old account. It’s easy! Just notify your old bank.
It’s that simple! Our banking associates are here to help you every step of the way. We look forward to welcoming you to John Marshall Bank!
What is the minimum deposit amount to open an account at John Marshall Bank?
You can open a personal or business account with as little as $100. We encourage you to click the Services link from the home page at www.johnmarshallbank.com, or speak with one of our banking associates, to determine which kind of account would be best for you.
How do I check the current balance available in my account?
Dial 1-866-671-7256 and follow the prompts. Or, click the online banking link at www.johnmarshallbank.com and sign in to view your current balance and transaction history (you will first need to enroll in online banking; to enroll click here. Both telephone and Internet banking services are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day!
How do I activate my ATM card?
To activate your ATM card, please dial 1-800-466-0899.
Where can I find a surcharge-free ATM?
You can use your ATM/debit card to withdraw cash free of charge from any ATM bearing the Allpoint logo. Allpoint is the country’s largest surcharge-free ATM network, including 55,000 throughout the United States, and includes over 1,900 ATMs in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. You can enter your zip code at http://www.allpointnetwork.com for a listing of Allpoint ATMs in your area.
I will be traveling outside the United States to another country. How can I make sure that my ATM/debit card will not be blocked?
Within the United States, dial 1-800-890-5097. From outside the United States, dial 727-227-2447.
My ATM/debit card has been lost or stolen. How do I cancel it?
Please dial 1-800-754-4128 to notify us if your ATM/debit card has been lost or stolen.